Monday, April 21, 2014

Litter Box: The digital game


     The name of the digital game prototype that I created is called Litter Box. The object of the game is to help a cat named Riskers collect food scraps and get through the obstacles of the game without dying. In my first design phase I was required to have a game idea and character art along with a tutorial level that shows you how the game is played. I created 2 levels in the first design and added a 3rd level in the most recent design. The game has glitches that will be resolved in the final version later this semester. I will add a story and integrate a lives counter so you do not have to restart the level each time you die. I also know that the cats jump has glitches when the cat touches a wall and some of the movements are off.
                During the game development I worked on the design, art, programming, and production for the game and I am pleased with the results of the first and second prototype. Overall the game is really fun and difficult. Once the glitches are fixed and I make the story line I believe the game has potential to become a great game that can offer hours of fun and frustration. 

The questions that I have for people who play the game?
 Is the game fun?
 How difficult do you find the game?
 Should I have an option to select different difficulty levels? (Easy, Medium, Hard)
 How many levels should this game have?
 When would you play the game?
 Would you replay the game if you won?
 Should there be more than one type of enemy?



Here is a Link to Download and play the game.
This will only work with windows for now.
The file is an .exe so you can ignore the warnings from your machine and say yes to the prompts







No comments:

Post a Comment